A Growth Mindset is the understanding that we can change our most basic characteristics such as our talents and abilities. But achieving that Growth,
requires more than simply the right mindset, it requires the right actions.
In The Agile Learner, you’ll discover how to change your students’ mindsets by moving them along the Mindset Continuum. Importantly, you’ll learn how to engage students in the processes and behaviours that achieve growth and the development of new talents.
About The Agile Learner
The Agile Learner combines three powerful ideas: Growth Mindset, Habits of Mind and Virtuous Practice. It shows teachers not only how to create the Growth Mindset, but also how to translate that Mindset into actual growth in their student’s abilities.
In The Agile Learner you will:
- Go beyond social media hype to a deep understanding of Mindsets
- Stop treating the symptoms of a Fixed Mindset, and learn how to address the underlying causes
- Explore the Mindset Continuum, and it’s importance to making practical changes to students mindset
- Create powerful Mindset Movers that will shift students mindsets
- Examine the subtle but powerful influence a teacher’s Mindset has on students
- Learn how to translate a Growth Mindset into actual growth
- Discover the Four Rules about Talent and learn how to apply them in your classroom
- Develop Learning Power in students with Habits of Mind
- Learn why not all sorts of practice work, and how to encourage Virtuous Practice
- Help students grow by showing them how to engage in Effective Effort
- Much more…