Creating Better Learners with Habits of Mind
Transform the Habits of Mind into a practical pedagogy that improves learning outcomes.
Teachers are under increasing pressure to get students to learn more, achieve more and take charge of their learning. Plus, the curriculum is packed!
For more than 20 years, I’ve worked with Art Costa and Bena Kallick to help schools tackle these challenges and create better learners with the Habits of Mind. The results? Smarter kids achieving better results in schools all over the world!
When we infuse the Habits of Mind into our classrooms, we see real change:
- Students become better learners – they have the tools to succeed in increasingly difficult challenges.
- Students take charge of their learning – they increase their Learner Agency.
- Students achieve better grades – better NAPLAN results, better standards, better outcomes.
In this workshop, we’ll uncover the four essential insights that are critical to succeeding with the Habits of Mind, and ensure that you make an enduring difference to student learning.
- Move from teaching “of” the Habits of Mind to teaching “for” the Habits of Mind.
- Understand how to combine the Habits of Mind with Growth Mindsets and Practice.
- Discover the pedagogy that creates better learners.
Join me to create better learners and achieve better outcomes with the Habits of Mind.
Creating Better Learners with Habits of Mind - Brisbane
July 27, 2020
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Venue: Earnshaw State College